How to measure your PD
PD, or Pupillary Distance, is the distance between the centre of your pupils. We need this measurement when we make your glasses, to ensure you are looking through the clearest part of the lens.
If you don’t have a copy of your PD measurement from your opticians, we have explained below how to measure it yourself. You will need a ruler and a mirror.
- Stand approximately 30cm away from the mirror.
- Hold the ruler just above your eyes, resting on your eyebrows. Closing your right eye, line the 0mm part of the ruler up with the centre of your nose.
- Look at the number that lines up with your pupil, this is your left PD.
- Keeping the ruler still, open your right eye and close your left eye.
- Now for the other side, move the ruler to be over your right eye.
- Close your left eye and line the 0mm on the ruler, with the centre of your nose.
- Look at the measurement that lines up with the middle of your right pupil. This is your right eyes pupillary distance measurement.