Your hearing aids are your key to the world around you, so it's really important you clean and maintain them properly to get the most from them.
Cleaning your hearing aids
Hearing aids are exposed to earwax, dirt and moisture regularly. Cleaning your hearing aids will reduce the risk of ear infection and make sure the sounds you hear are as clear as possible. Here are some tips to help you maintain your hearing aids
Hearing aid do's and don'ts
1. If you use hairspray, do your hair before putting your hearing aids in. As hairspray can clog up hearing aids
2. Although hearing aids are often water resistant, they're not waterproof. So take them out when you go swimming, shower or in the sauna
3. Take them out before you have an X-ray, MRI or CT scan
4. Turn your hearing aid off when you take them out, either by opening the battery door or putting them in their charger
5. Check your hearing aids regularly to see if they need cleaning. Do not use anything sharp to remove wax from them
6. Always put your hearing aids in their storage box if you're not using them
7. Keep your hearing aids out of the reach of young children and animals
8. Do not leave your hearing aids in extremely hot or cold places
We also offer 'Essential Care' - a service that makes sure you receive all the essential items you need to care for your hearing aids.
From Monday 16th May 2022, any customer who purchases a new hearing aid will receive Essential Care for free for two years as part of their sale and will receive regular supplies of:
For more details about our Essential Care scheme, speak to your Hearing Aid Audiologist or contact our Customer Care Team on 0330 135 5330.